Adding your website to Google Search Console
Once you’ve created an account, log in and follow the steps below to add your website to Google Search Console.
1) Click on the search bar in the top left hand corner of the screen and click “Add property”
2) Type your URL, including the protocol (i.e. https://) and click “CONTINUE”
3) Verify your website using one of the listed verification methods and click “DONE”
4) Once ownership has been verified click “GO TO PROPERTY”
Submit your website URLs to Google
Now your website is verified you can submit it to Google. There are a few ways you can do this:
1) Crawl your homepage URL
If the web crawler crawls your homepage then it can crawl the rest of your site links. To crawl your homepage, type in your homepage URL in the search bar at the top of the Search Console interface, then hit enter and click “Request Indexing”.
2) Submit your website sitemap.xml file
The sitemap.xml file does exactly what it says on the tin. It’s a map of all the URLs on your website. This helps Google to understand website structure and helps your pages to get indexed quicker. To submit your sitemap.xml file you’ll need to locate it on your website. Once you’ve found it, click on “sitemaps” on the Search Console dashboard and enter its URL on the following page.